Lotto Social is bringing lottery back to local charities through Hope, it aims to support small local charities that struggle to compete for funding, via the National Lottery.
Members who play with Lotto Social already give to lottery good causes through the purchase of National Lottery tickets. Lotto Social Hope then gives the opportunity to their members to select charities close to their hearts to give to again. 60% goes straight to the charities, with the remaining 40% going towards running costs and purchasing the tickets.
Impact On Local Charities
Small charities have had to create their own means of fundraising to help them to operate on a day to day basis. Raffles and charity draws are a huge drain on resources, and some can be very inconsistent. Lotto Social Hope creates a regular fundraising stream for charities to help aid cash flow through periods.
Derick Peters of Lotto Social Hope explains, “Lotteries were invented to fund local good causes. However, today without the time and resources required to run a society lottery of their own, smaller charities have increasingly become disbanded from lottery giving. Added to that fundraising limits and changes to European data protection rules have made it increasingly difficult for charities to contact current and new supporters.
This is where we come in. By giving players the choice of which charities to support, Lotto Social Hope seeks to solve the funding challenge small charities face. Syndicate players want to make the lottery more relevant to their lives and support the causes close to their hearts. Now they can.”
First Addition To The Hope Team
Lotto Social Hope’s first charity is an educational youth charity in London. Football Beyond Borders works with disadvantaged youths, using football as a tool to engage them in education. The charity aimed to raise £15,000 within a one month period to build a new youth centre in Brixton, and with the help of Lotto Social Hope and their members, they achieved this target.
Jasper Kain, co-founder and director at Football Beyond Borders added, ”We know the work we do at Football Beyond Borders makes a massive difference to young people’s lives. We currently work with over 400 young people each week across eleven boroughs in London to inspire them to achieve their goals and make their voices heard. The new Brixton Centre will provide a space for our people to fully realise their potential.”
Jasper continued to say “It will bring the community together in a safe environment where they will be able to express themselves. As an organisation, we’ve already had some amazing milestones and we can’t wait for the opening of the Brixton Centre to be one of them. Thank you Lotto Social for helping to make this happen.”
Lotto Social Hope will select charities to support based on suggestions made by its members and local charities coming forward.
Get your EuroMillions lottery lines with Lotto Social Hope and we will donate to Football Beyond Borders. With Hope, Anything Is Possible.